Come near the end of April (April 26th – April 29th) the fourth edition of the annual Malaysia Autoshow will be held at, for the second year running, the Malaysia Agro Exposition Park Serdang (MAEPS). The decision to move the dates for the 2018 edition (from November to April) was made in light of the world’s major autoshows, such as global motor shows in Tokyo, Frankfurt and Paris which are held in the second half of the year.
The new April dates take the Malaysia Autoshow out of the packed second half calendar to allow room for the availability of better displays at the show from around the globe in the future, such as concept vehicles and latest technology related to transportation and mobility.
Some of the biggest automotive brands in the country will be taking part in this year’s show with the theme ‘360-degree Mobility Experience’. More than 100cars comprising some of the latest models in the market and Volvo classic cars will be on display.
Visitors to the coming show shall be treated to a number of highlights including:
- A glimpse into the future of mobility at the Intelligent Mobility Experience (IMEX)
- A Kia Picanto for one lucky winner of the Lucky Draw Contest (Eligible to participants with a paid ticket to the Malaysia Autoshow 2018 – Terms & Conditions apply)
- The first appearance in Malaysia by the resuscitated legendary German marque Borgward, brought to you by GO Exim Sdn Bhd;
- The opportunity to own a set of personalised legal tender stamps from POS Malaysia. Just snap a photograph of you and your favourite car with a smartphone and pay RM20 for your very own set of collectible stamps that will be printed on the spot;
- Best-ever financing packages by Maybank valid only for cars purchased at the event; and
- Holiday packages within ASEAN (Flight and accommodation) for 8 lucky customers who book and purchase a car at the Malaysia Autoshow 2018 (Terms & Conditions apply);
At the outdoor area, the long list of exciting activities includes:
- Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB) demonstration in a Perodua;
- Free car inspection;
- Go-kart racing;
- Mitsubishi Obstacle Course;
- Music on Wheels showcase of in-car entertainment systems upgrades;
- Off-road driving experience by 4×4 clubs;
- Toyota 4×4 Experience;
- Lane departure assist and adaptive cruise control demonstration featuring Honda Sensing technology;
- Test drives of latest models;
- Specialty themed Culture and Cuisine Pavilion; and
- Food trucks.
Other prominent feature of the show includes the expected high profile presence of Maybank as the show’s official financing partner, whereby it will be offering online submissions for hire purchase applications as well as discounts for entry ticket purchases using its QRPay option.
Head, Community Financial Services Malaysia, Datuk Hamirullah Boorhan said, “As one of Malaysia’s largest automobile financier with a market share of more than 25%, Maybank is supportive of the growth of the Malaysian auto industry and will be having attractive and flexible financing packages on offer at this autoshow.”
“In addition, through this collaboration with auto dealers, customers can enjoy greater convenience as their financing applications can be submitted online through our Maybank Auto Dealer Portal providing a swifter and more seamless experience,” he further explained.
Entrance fee is RM10 while for children below 12 years of age will be free, and students will also be given free admission on the opening day (26th March 2018).
Visitors can also enjoy discounted ticket prices by purchasing online at www.autoshow.com.my.