Honda Malaysia has pulled the drapes off its first 2018 model – the new Honda SENSING equipped Odyssey, the third Honda SENSING equipped model which indelibly completes the Honda Malaysia Honda SENSING equipped trio of a sedan (new Accord), an SUV (the CR-V) and with the new Odyssey an MPV.
The Honda SENSING tech in the new 2018 Odyssey features a total of six Next Generation Advanced Safety Technologies encompassing the Safety and also the Convenience & Comfort.
Features for Safety:
1. Forward Collision Warning (FCW) that will trigger a visual warning and audible alerts for the driver when the monocular camera and a millimetre wave radar detect that it is at risk of collision with the front vehicle
2. Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS) which assists in applying brake force progressively when it senses an increasing risk of collision
3. Lane Departure Warning (LDW) which monitors vehicle lane position using cameras, and alerts if the driver drives out of the lane
4. Road Departure Mitigation (RDM) that provides alerts, applies brakes and assists the driver’s steering to prevent driving off the road
Features for Convenience & Comfort:
1. Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) that sets a desired speed and following interval from the vehicle detected ahead
2. Lane Keep Assist System (LKAS) which uses camera to read lane markings and assist the driver’s steering to keep the vehicle in the centre of its lane
With the goalpost shifting safety features within, the new Odyssey also comes with numerous visual enhancements on that exquisite, unmistakable silhouette of its exterior looks: new front bumper, new front grille, new LED rear lights designs, LED fog lights, 17” Dual Tone Alloy Wheel with new design, Auto Retractable Door Mirror and it is also equipped with Auto Dim Rear View Mirror; and quite a bit more premium design features and additional accessories on its interior: new bigger armrest for the driver seat, 4-Way Passenger Power Seat, added storage and enhanced utility as well as bigger headrest for its Premium Captain Cradle Seats with Ottoman on the second row to boost comfort and enjoyment for the passengers especially during long journeys. The Ultra-Low Floor Platform of the New Odyssey eases passenger ingress and egress in addition to enabling this MPV to have a spacious cabin that is equivalent to a large-class MPV.
Performance-wise, the New Odyssey is powered by a 2.4L DOHC i-VTEC Earth Dreams Technology engine with Continuous Variable Transmission (CVT) that gives dynamic acceleration at start and also top-in-class fuel efficiency regardless whether driving on city roads or on highways.
Indeed what Honda Malaysia offers in this most refined and cutting edge version of its classy benchmark MPV is a markedly higher value proposition of its new Honda SENSING equipped Odyssey. Priced at RM254,800 without insurance (including GST) for only one variant – the Odyssey 2.4L EXV, it does however come in a choice of three color options of which two are the first in a Honda model; the two mew ones are Platinum White Pearl and Premium Twinkle Black Pearl, while the popular Super Platinum Metallic is maintained.
The New Odyssey with Honda SENSING is now open for booking at all 93 Honda dealers nationwide. It comes with 5-year warranty with unlimited mileage and a service interval of 10,000km to provide owners with more Joy of Buying.
For more information on the New Odyssey with Honda SENSING or to book a test drive, customers can visit any Honda authorised dealer or call Honda’s Toll Free number at 1-800-88-2020, or log on to www.honda.com.my